Zwe Ka Pin Mountain

Two Ka Pin Mountain

Two Ka Pin Mountain @Kayin, Myanmar. Kwe Ka Baw mountain in the Kayin(Karen) state of Burma. Sunrise & Sunset at Mt Zwegabin So we decided to go for a walk to the Zwegabin Abbey because it is a combination of a walk, an night in a abbey and a mountain top. 30 min drive in the dark and we arrived at the west side of Mt Zwegabin. We had to have a great panorama, but we didn't have enough in the morning, because at 5.

30 it was already far from being cold and chilly.

Raising twilight opened up great vistas, but it increased the deadly heats. At this point the temp must have been above 35*C. I was so relieved to reach the convent. After greeting a few folks, we dropped our boots at the front door and went up the steps to the master tupa.

Finally I went to the convent. There was a small store next to a dinning room where friars and some teens had dinner. They also had rooms for religious. About 20 people live in this monastery: 8 friars, among them the highest friar of the area, several young prospective friars, several young women and one other.

On the mountain there is a communications storm with areas and antennas. Three more people from the west side of the building are living in a building at the top of the steps to the convent. Since the primary goal of all this is to practice and practice religions, the convent has several stupas, monasteries and other important buildings, constructions and facilities.

As I walked around, a friar welcomed me. and showed me where we could be. He gave us a blanket, pillow and bed. Beside awakening at 4.30 a.m. we were climbing over 3 hrs in deadly heats. An adjoining "DJ Monk" stand was located in the dorm room, from which the lead friar radiated the beads.

Locals come to help with everything they need: repairing something, building something, or eating something and donating it. Benedictines are here to say prayers for us. 10 000KS (12$) for our visit to the convent. In the evenings the ape came and ran through the convent making a lot of noises.

The children had a baby and were a little belligerent towards humans, but a good old cane served as a defensive instrument. It was getting nearer in the evenings. Things got colder and we spend more hours around the head stupas to watch the setting sundown. No one seemed to have noticed the setting sundown.

When it got very darkness, the young women lighted the candle in small recesses around the central stupa and all the monks assembled for the supper. To be on the top of this mountain and watch the last breath of reddish lights on the sky and hear the singing was an astonishing one.

He set up a video player for two children. So we opened our laptops (yes, I had it with me -)) and WOW....there were Wi-Fi network. in the convent on the hills. I' ve tried to get a passcode, but the friar said they have no access to the net, just a telephone.

Thus, it is either the network of the communications centre or the head friar must be plugged in. Talking to the friar who was speaking some English - about living in Burma, upcoming changes in the countryside, visiting monastic tourism, the climate and many other things.

I' m glad that I went up there despite all the difficulties and deadly hot. At 4 o'clock in the morning the friars began to pray with their microphones and loudspeakers. A possible response - they make sure that the local communities listen to the prayer. Yes, they were apes walking around and cantering across the metallic rooftop. and as in any kind of situations, it was good and not so.

Poor - they wouldn't let us slept, good - they waked us up to observe another dawn. But I don't know why, but humans are somehow very intrigued by sun rises and sets. That was the end of our abbey sojourn. And it was packing and leaving before the sun reached the east side of the mountain.

I' m guessing there were 40-50 apes racing around, yelling, crying, bicker. When a young friar was bringing a giant dish of paddy to feed, we were missing out on the feedings. The apes energetically organised the second round of the monastic race after having had lunch.

Throughout this chaos we were packing our things, saying "thank you" &"goodbye" to the family. The east side was chosen to come back because it was supposed to be smaller and the transportation from the town next to the convent took place. Had to keep swearing when I talked her into climbing the fucking mountain.

Finally we got to the bottom and it was a very good sensation.

Mehr zum Thema