Yangon to Pathein Trainfrom Yangon to Pathein Zug
Well-known for its colourful parasol. Thanlyine is located at the junction of the Yangon and Bago rivers, more precisely on the south shore of Bago.
On this crest is the Kyaik Khauk pit. Kyaik Kauk is located on a hill on the way to Kyauk Tan. It' an impressive gold stupa similar to the Shwe Dagon pit. Half an hour's ride by train or automobile. Asoka, the great emperor of India, was a legendary city.
Twenty-six years after the death of Lord Buddha. Later, Ashin Somaga and Bhikkhu Kaw Laka went to Pataliputra in India and asked Emperor Asoka to give them some holy relic of Buddha for adoration. Returning to Siha Island, when they arrived at Pada Bridge, they abandoned two holy bristles that were kept in a constructed dock.
Later, these hair was reshrunk in a hair dryer known today as Kyaik DeiYa and the remaining six were anchored in a hair dryer on Utaringa Kon (now known as Hlaing Pok Kon). Utaringa Kon's pit was constructed by King Cula Thirimasoka of Thaton in the 241 Buddhist era.
This was a large building made of lateritestone. It was here that Ashin Bhikkhu Kaw Laka lived, so the Kaw Laka became known as the Kaw Laka Picod. Over the years this name became Khauk Pagode or Kyaik Khauk in Mon. The Ye Le Paya near Kyauk Tan is the midstream lateritreef.
The building was erected by Zeyasana, the 7th Pada Dynasty in the third cent. BC. It was only 11ft up. There are several pagodas, one of which is a cloister. The pilgrim and visitor are taken to the pilgrimage area. Before Bago was known as Pegu.
It' only 80 km (50 miles) south of Yangon. It' only about an hour's ride from Yangon. From Yangon, Bago is easy to reach. and other towns. One of Myanmar's wealthiest archeological places. The town was established around 825 A.D. by two Mon Brother Thamala and Wimala of Thaton, in the thirteenth Century A.D. The town then on the Gulf of Martaban was already designated by Gautama as the site of a great town - the historical Buddha.
He became the kingdom of Mon and was known as Hansavati (Hanthawaddy). It then became the Second Myanmar Empire, established by King Bayinnaung. Just 2 hour driving distance from Yangon. Constructed by the Mon in 994, this large Buddha was repeatedly renovated, but was overrun by the jungles after the Burmese destroyed Bago completely in 1757.
Buddha, 55 metres long and 16 metres high, is known in Bago. The giant lying Buddha with a shield on the plate in front of the picture indicating the dimensions of the individual parts of the skull. Myanmar tribe says that the picture is Buddha in a'relaxing' state.
A 5-foot (16m). The longitudinal dimensions of the valley are 7.5 ft (2.3 m). A 5-foot (14.5m). The length of the ears is 4.6 meters (15 feet). The length of the brows is 7.5 ft (2.3 m). The width of the snout is 7.5 ft (2.3 m). The nasal ridge is 2.3 meters (7.5 feet).
A 5-foot (7.8m). The length of the palms is 22 ft (6.7 m). The big toes are 6 ft (1.8 m) high. Bago's Shwemawdaw or'Great Golden God Pagoda' has been in production for more than 1000 years. Shweweawdaw Pagoda, whose tower can be seen behind this imposing entry door, was initially constructed in the eighth quarter by the Mon at a high of 23 metres and repeatedly raised until it eventually attained its present size of 114 metres in 1954.
Initially the marquee was constructed by 2 businessmen. To accommodate some of Buddha's hairdos. Initially 23 metres high, it has become the highest of Burma's mountain ranges over the years. In 1930, the latest earthquake almost levelled the antique structures and only in 1952 did it dominate the Bago ski area again.
Legend has it that the hair and tooths of the Buddha are anchored under the lofty standing tower. The Kyaik Pun is made up of four giant Buddha pictures, all of which face the four directions of the Compass while in a seated position. Situated only a few hundred metres from the Yangon-Bago highway, this is an extraordinary and imposing panorama view.
The church was erected by King Dhamma Zedi in 1476 AD and is in good condition. The Kyaik Pun is located in the middle of a luxuriant, craggy landscape with a large number of antique remains, many of which are under repaire. They said if one of them got married, one of them would break down.
Bago has many other renowned lagoons, such as the Mahazedi (the Great Stupa) of King Bayinnaung in 1560 A.D. and the Hinthakone lagoon that you should see. It' known that the cloak contains a dental reliquary from Sri Lanka. Hamsavati or Hantha-wadi, under which Bago and her empire were known, developed from this name.
Situated next to the famed Shwe-thar-lyaung Buddhahagram. It' another huge lying picture of Buddhas. Right behind the Shwemawdaw Pagoda. From the top you have a good view of Bago. Kanbavza Thadi the renowned King Bayinnaung Castle (1551-1581 A.D.) is widely dug up and some structures are reconstructed.
Queen Bayinnaung was the founding father of the Second Myanmar Empire, which extended from the Indian border to parts of Thailand and Laos. A. D. 1566 he constructed a new capitol known as Hanthawadi on what is now Bago. Southwards of the Shwe-Maw-Daw Pagoda he erected a large castle, which he dubbed Kanbawza Thadi.
It is from 1494 and the time of King Byinnya Yan, although it looks quite old. There is a black Gu (tunnel) with 64 sitting Buddha pictures inside. This is one of the Simas that King Dhammazeddi constructed in the 15th cent. There is a seaside city called Pathein in the lower Myanmar-Delta that is named the Ayeyarwady-Division.
It is 191 mile ("by train") between Pathein (Bassein) and Yangon. Hundreds of years ago Pathein was known as Cosmin. Bassein like Dagon (later Yangon) was an unimportant harbour in the mid-16th centr. Martaban (Mottama) and Pegu (Bago), which were remarkable harbours at that time. Today Pathein is the delta's capitol.
Sunshade manufacturing is the same as Pathein. The city of Pathein remains an important point of call for ferries that carry passenger or freight between Yangon and the north and east of Myanmar. The rice from the area of the river Danube is still imported via the harbour of Pathein. Thousand inhabitants are living in Pathein, which was founded by the British in 1852 as a city of garrisons.
Just 3 hour driving distance from Yangon. It' the most popular of the pagodas in Pathein. Following the Pathein until it flows into the Adman Sea, one reaches Cape Mawtin (Mawtinson) place of a well-known celebration in the moon months Tabodwe (February March). At the coast of the cape is a sand shore and the worshipped Maw Tin Son pod.
It' very unexpected that the marina is filled with all year round, except on the dates of the yearly festivals. There is sea waters far beyond the pavilion during the event and many stands selling all kinds of regional products: shellfish, sea food, decorations and accommodation.
Seems the marina is by the ocean. Pathein has streets to the famous Myanmar beach. It is only a 3 hour ride from Pathein through the mountain and to the lovely sands. The name Pyay used to be Prome. The Pyay is an important trading centre between the Ayeyarwady Delta.
Situated only 161 km from Yangon on a well developed motorway. There are several train services a day from Yangon on the first rail line constructed in Myanmar in 1877. It' a town half way between Yangon and Bagan. You can stop in the town of Piyay and continue your journey to Bagan and Mandalay.
The Pyay lies on the east shore of the Ayeyarwady River in a beautiful spot. After the Second Anglo-Myanmar Wars Pyay was Anglicised as Prome and was known in antiquity as Thaye-khittra (Srikshetra). The most interesting places in Pyay are the Shwesandaw Pagoda. Sichtetgyi Pagoda (the giant seated Buddha picture). The Baw Baw Gyi Pagoda.
Will be Gyi Pagoda and Payama Pagoda. Ahkauktaung is another interesting place around the city. The Shwe Nat Taung Pagoda and Shwe Bonthar Muni. There is an ancient'Pyu' capitol 8 km southeast of Prome ('Pyay'), about 285 km northwest of Yangon. There is a Bawbawgyi pagoda in Tha-ye-khit-taya, the cylindrical one.
Shwesandaw' s pyay is known. Zhwesandaw means the golden hair relicts. It is located on the east shore of the Ayeyarwaddy and Myanmar's most revered area. Mya Thi Htin was the former name of the cemetery. This is 127 ft high and is located on the pedestal, giving a footprint of 290 from the pedestal.
Dazaungmone (November-December) is usually taken out of the room every year and solemnly guided through the town every three years so that the faithful can worship and worship her with their own ears. The picture can be seen face to face from the Shwesandaw-Terrasse.
Further cube-shaped pagoda in the area is a pagoda used by a recluse with eight Buddha relief along the lower half of the inner walls and a domed tile overhang. Just 6 hour driving distance from Yangon. Situated about 14 km from Pyay.
Siramyethman Paya means'Paya with gold glasses', a cooling down to a large blank face inside the Shrein. In the Buddha picture there are glasses with a gold rim. There' s a saying that this picture can heal diseases especially for the eye. These pagodas date from the Sriksetra age.
It dates back to 283 BC, from where it was rebuilt by many Burmese monarchs with the help of native people. every year a large feast of pagodas is celebrated here on the full month of Tabaung (February/March). The Akauktaung Mountain lies on the banks of the Ayeyarwaddy River in the Bago Division just south of Pyay.
Various Buddha image types and shapes are engraved into the walls of the bench and visitors can walk up and view the Akauktaungagoda. Coming from Yangon. On the way to Pyay. They'll meet Paung Te. Buddha's holy dental reliquary is anchored in the Paung Te Swedaw Seddi.