The town Trento [?tr?nto] list (help-info) (anglisiert als Trent; lokal dialects: Trento; German: Trento) is a town on the Adige in the Trentino-Südtirol in Italy. This is the capitol of the Trento region. The town was the seat of the Council of Trento in the sixteenth c.. Trentino is an pedagogical, academic, financial as well as politic center in Trentino-South Tyrol, Tyrol and Northern Italy in general.
Trento University is ranked second among the "medium-sized" institutions in the Census ranking and fifth in the Il Sole 24 Ore rankings of Italy's university world. 3 ] The town has a quaint medieval and Renaissance historical center with old structures such as the Cathedral of Trento and the Castello del Buonconsiglio. Trento, together with other Alpine cities, is involved in the Alpine Town of the Year Association for the realisation of the Alpine Convention for sustained Alpine Arc developmen.
The town was named Alpine Town of the Year 2004. Trento comprises the center of the town and many outskirts with very different geographic and demographic characteristics (from the manufacturing town of Gardolo, just northern of the town, to small villages in the mountains on Monte Bondone).
Trent is located in a vast Adige Basin, just southwards of the Dolomites, where the Fersina and Avisio flow into the Adige (the second longest Italian river). The Adige is one of the three most important Alpine streams running southwards; its broad, sweeping course along Trento was rectified in 1850.
Frazioni, or divisions of Trento: There were 112,637 inhabitants in Trento in 2007, 48% of whom were men and 52% women. The number of retired persons is 01 per cent of the total number. Trent's inhabitants are 41 years old on an annual basis, as opposed to the 42-year old one. Between 2002 and 2007, the Trentino' s total populations increased by 5.72 per cent, while Italy as a whole increased by 3.56 per cent.
7 ] The present Trent birthrate is 9. 61 fertilities per 1,000 residents in comparison to the Italy averages of 9. 45 were born. 68 % of the country's citizens were Italians. Controversial are the origin of this town on the way to Bolzano and the low alpine pass Brenner and Reschenpass over the Alps.
A number of academics claim that this was a Roman colony, but the Adige region was affected by neighboring peoples, among them the (Adriatic) Venetians, the Etruscans and the Gauls (a Celtic nation). There are other hypotheses that the latter founded the town in the fourth c. BC. Following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire, the autonomous diocese of Trento was invaded by the Ostrogoths, Byzantines, Lombards and Franks and eventually became part of the Holy Roman Empire.
Emperor Conrad II in 1027 established the Prince-Bishops of Trento, who exercised both secular and spirituality. However, in the following century independence was shared between the diocese of Trento and the county of Tyrol (from 1363 part of the Habsburg Monarchy). In 1200 Trento became an important centre of mining: Calisio - Khalisperg was exploited for the production of gold, and Prince-Bishop Federico Wanga published the first mine codes of the area.
The Trento area belonged to Austria in the XIV c. period. The slander of Trient's heyday was a sinister one. In 1475, when a three-year-old young Simonino, later known as Simon of Trent, vanished on the night before Good Friday, the small town' s Jews were charged with having killed him and drained his life for rituals.
Simonino was canonised by the Trento Archbishop Johannes Hinderbach, who produced the first Trent publication "Story of a Christian Child Murdered at Trento " with 12 woodblock prints. In a government rally in the 1990' s, Trento apologised to the Jews for this sinister incident and revealed a commemorative tablet in memory of the sermon.
Trento became known in the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries through the Council of Trent (1545-1563), which triggered the Counter-Reformation. Tridentine (as in "Tridentine Mass") means Trento but may also relate to this particular occasion. The most important prince-bishops of this period were Bernardo Clesio (who ruled the town from 1514 to 1539 and led the council to Trento) and Cristoforo Madruzzo (who ruled from 1539 to 1567), both capable political figures of Europe and Renaissance philanthropists, who strongly enlarged and beautified the town.
The Princely Bishop ruled Trento until the Napoleonic period, when it passed from state to state. In 1805 the Treaty of Pressburg transferred Trento to Bavaria and the Treaty of Schönbrunn four years later to Napoleon's Kingdom of Italy. People fought with arms against France's rule. Hofer was enthusiastically received by the people of Trento when he regained Trento for the Austrians in 1809.
About 4,000 Trentino soldiers (Sìzzeri or shooters) were killed in the fight against the armies of France and Bavaria. Later in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries Trento and Trieste, towns with provincial minorities that still belonged to the Austrians, became iconic examples of the irredentistic group. In 1909 Benito Mussolini briefly entered the workforce of a regional paper, but abandoned Trento because they could not found an anti-Austrian group.
Damiano Chiesa and the Member of the European Union in the Austro-Hungarian Assembly Cesare Battisti were two well-known Istrian Irish men who had signed up to the army of Italy to join Austria-Hungary in the struggle to bring the Trent region to the new Kingdom of Italy.
In the aftermath of the First World War, Trento and its Italian-speaking region, as well as Bolzano and the part of Tyrol that extended southwards of the Alpine divide (mainly in German), were annexed as well. Promptly invading North Italy, Germany's forces became part of the operational zone of the foothills of the Alps, which was incorporated into Germany, and the Trent, Belluno and Alto Adige states.
Between November 1944 and April 1945, Trento was bombarded during the so-called "Battle of the Brenner". Part of the town was affected by Allied bombing, among them the St. Mary Maggiore Cathedral, the Annunciation Cathedral and several footbridges over the Adige and the Adige Hill. Despite the bombing, most of the mediaeval and Rennaissance centre of the town remained untouched.
1947 Trento hosted the Stella Alpina Rally. A large part of the town' s uniqueness is due to its location on the major artery between Italy and northern Europe and the Adige, which led through the town centre before it was diverted in the middle of the 19th cen.
In the past, the Adige was a manoeuvrable waterway and one of the most important trade lanes in the Alps. From now on, the course of the riverbank will be crossed by Via Torre Vanga, Via Torre Verde and Via Alessandro Manzoni. Even in the Second World War, Trento was still dependent on viticulture and satin.
Today Trento lives on trade, service, travel, high-quality farming and agrofood industries (including wines, fruit), as a research and meeting centre thanks to a small but prestigious research centre such as the Bruno Kessler Foundation, which is involved in both basic and practical research, the Italian-German Historical Institute, the Centre for Computational and Systems Biology and the ECT*, which is part of the FBK and is involved in theory research in the field of atomic research, and as a logistic and transport centre.
It can be seen in many new and old Trento houses. Trent is ruled by the city council of Trento. Every five years, the electorate directly elects 33 city councillors and the head of Trento. Alessandro Anreatta (PD), the present Trento Major, was first appointed on 3 May 2009 (he was the present Trento Major from 25 September 2008 until 3 May 2009) and re-elected in 2015.
These are the lists of Trento majors since 1945: The European Union authorised further intercultural and economical cooperation between the Tyrol, Austria, and the independent regions of South Tyrol and Trentino, Italy, in 1996, recognising the establishment of the Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino Euroregion. Even though it is away from the tourist masses, Trento has some interesting sights.
It has a small town centre and most later Middle Ages and Renaissance architecture has been renovated in its pristine pastels and cloisters. A part of the mediaeval wall can still be seen in Piazza Fiera, together with a round one. At one time these ramparts surrounded the whole town and were linked to the Castello del Buonconsiglio.
Among the most important sights of the city: Dome (Cathedral of Saint Vigilius), a Romanesque-Gothic style dome from the 12th to 13th centuries, erected on a later Romanesque base (visible in an subterranean crypt). Santa Maria Maggiore Parish in 1520, seat of the preparation parishes of the Third Council of Trent (April 1562 - December 1563).
San Pietro Cathedral (12th century) It has a neo-gothic facade added in 1848-1850. Sant'Apollinare parish hall, built in the thirteenth c. at the foot of the Doss Trento hills. San Lorenzo Cathedral (12th century). The Green Tower (Torre Verde), along the former Etsch Transitweg, is said to be the place where people who had been put on deposit in the name of the prince-bishop.
A renaissance mansion on the Adige, constructed around 1550 by the Madruzzo familiy and now home to a contemporary arts centre, the Albere Tree House. Pretorio building, next to the Cathedral, dating from the twelfth to the fifteenth centuries, with a 13th cent. belfry (today it houses a permanent exhibition of the most important works of architecture from the period of the 17th century).
Until the middle of the 13th cent. it was the archbishops' principal palace. Geremia Palace (late fifteenth century). Lodron Palace, constructed during the Council of Trento. Several subterranean remnants of the roads and mansions of the ancient town ("Via Prepositura" and "Piazza Cesare Battisti"). In Trento there is also a modernistic architectural style, which includes the railway terminal and the general postal service, both designed by the rationalistic arch.
Fortunato Depero once adorned the postal station with coloured glass panes, but these were damaged in World War II bombing raids. In Palazzo Pretorio (it), next to the Cathedral Square of Trento, the Tridentine Diocesan Museum displays the art heritage of the Trento Diocesan community and the citycity.
The Viote Alpiner Botanical Garden; the surrounding area of Trento is known for its mountains and is the goal of tourist activities in this area. Gianni Caproni Aeronautics and Aeronautics Museo, is an aviation heritage centre situated in Mattarello, near the airport of Trento. Bergfilmfestival; Trento is also the location of a festival of alpine films.
Trento was established in 1962 and is located in the town of Trento. There is also a campus in Rovereto. More than 16,000 undergraduates are studying in Trento. Via the Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino Euroregion, the Tyrol-University also closely cooperates with the Innsbruck and Bolzano Univerities.
Trento University has the following faculties: Among the outstanding personalities who have been either native to Trento or associated with it: Pálaolo Oss Mazzurana, the most important major of Trento. During his term of office, he pursued a forward-looking policy which had an impact on the trade of Trento and its subsequent origin. A22-E45 motorway links Trento with Verona and with Bolzano, Innsbruck and Munich.
The Trento train was inaugurated in 1859 and is part of the Brennerbahn (Verona-Innsbruck), the most important train link between Italy and Germany. It is also a hub of the Valsugana train that links Trento with Venice. There are several other train stops in Trento, such as Trento FTM train stop, the final stop of the Trento-Malè-Marilleva (FTM) train.
There are 20 Trentino Trasporti buses and a cable car to Sardagna. There are several train stops in the Trento area which are connected to the local transportation system. One of the best clubs in Italy, Trentino Volley has won the championships four games, three CEV Champions League titles and four FIFA Clubs' Cups.
AQUILLA Basket Trento, has played for several years in Italy's highest leagues and made it to the finals of the 2016/17 and 2017/18 playoffs. The AC Trento SCSD has been one of the most tradition-rich soccer teams in the Trentino South Tyrol since it was founded in 1921.
Both Trentino Volley and Aquila Basket Trento are playing their game there. Briamasco Stadio, is a soccer arena with a seating for 4277 and is currently the home of AC Trento. Trient is a partnership: Trento's counties are twin towns: The Wikimedia Commons has Trent related newsletters. Wiki voyage has a guidebook for Trento.