Situated on the north edge of the arid area, Shwebo extends westwards of the Irrawaddy River.
Hawaii Shwebo Travel, Shwebo Myanmar, Shwebo travel guide
Situated in the Sagaing region of Myanmar, 64 mile (...) northwest of Mandalay on the east shore of the Chindwin River. The birthplace of King Alaungpaya, who founded the Kone Baung family. From 1760-1764 Shwebo was the kingly capitol of Myanmar. In 1752 King Alaungpaya struggled against the monarchy and his reign continued for over two hundred years.
It used the town as a basis for the conquest of Innwa and Lower Myanmar and founded the Third Myanmar Empire. In the 1780' s his follower, King Hsinbyushin, relocated the town to Amarapura, and since then the town has been in decade-worth. The name Shwebo is also mentioned in five different sorts. Moksobo, his former name Yadana-Theinhka, Konbaung, Yangyi-Aung and Shwebo, his new name.
Like Monywa, the town is a trading centre for farm products, especially coffee and bean, as well as paddy bean, paddy bean, paddy bean, raisins and more. Shwebo area was the site of the aniant Pyu city-state Hanlin. This is allegedly the place King Alaungpaya used as a stage before the battle.
The church was erected in 1757 by King Alaungpaya. While conquering Bago, he went to the most revered Shwemawdaw Pagoda in lower Myanmar. The Shwebon Yadana Mingalar Palast is a regal building in Shwebo, Myanmar. Constructed by King Alaungphaya U Aung Zeya, the first creator of the Konebaung family, in 1753 A.D. The building was detailed with ten types of ornament.
In 1766 A.D. the old building was demolished and the archaeological department began excavations in 1994. During the dig the concealed stage of the building was uncovered under the earth. Despite the destruction of the Palast, the Department of Archaeology has a good compilation of old notes and drawings of the Palast of Paris.
This small city is 29 km eastwards of Shwebo on the west shore of the Ayeyarwaddy. The place is best known for the manufacture of vitreous ceramics, among them the large Martaban glasses used throughout the countryside of Myanmar. Hanlin (or Hanlingyi- Great Hanlin), about 18 km southeast of Shwebo in Upper Burma, is one of the most important pyu-places.
From Shwebo it can be reached via Moksogyon train stop on the Mandalay-Shwebo line. A group of small hamlets with a series of smaller pagodas have been constructed just outside the old town. Tagaung is located on the eastern shore of the Ayeyarwaddy at 127 mile ('204km) from Mandalay and 56 mile ('90km) from Shwebo.