Shan state Map

The Shan State Map

The most important cities of Shan State are Lashio, Kyaing Tong and Taunggyi. Rakhine State Shan State Taunggyi. Moeng Hsu, Loilem District, Shan State, Myanmar. See a larger map of this tourist attraction. and mileage calculator, distance chart, distance map.

MIMU Shan.

The Shan state in eastern Myanmar is bordered by China, Laos and Thailand as well as Kachin, Sagaing, Mandalay, Naypyitaw Union Territory, Kayin and Mon. Because of its large dimensions, it is often described as three similarly large areas - Shan (North), Shan (South) and Shan (East) before 2012, according to the Ministry of the Interior's Department of General Administration's Gazatee.

Tunggyi is the capitol of Shan State. The Shan state is largely rustic with only three large towns, namely Lashio, Kengtung and Taunggyi. A large part of the state is made up of the Shan Plateau. Thanlwin River (also known as Salween/Namkhong) crosses the state where Inle Lake is located, Myanmar's second biggest surface of nature.

The Shan (South) stretches over 57,806 km2 and is subdivided into 21 administrative districts. In Shan (South), with a 2.04 million inhabitants (HMIS 2011 data), the densities are 35 persons per km2, 77% of whom are living in the countryside. This is also the home of two self-governing areas of the land, namely the two areas that form the Pa-O self-governing zone (3 municipalities in total) and the Danu self-governing zone (2 municipalities).

The Shan (North) stretches over 60,559 km2 and is subdivided into 20 districts, some of which are in the self-governing Pa Laung, Wa and Kokang zones. Shan (North) has a total of 1.82 million inhabitants (HMIS 2011 data), with 30 persons per sqkm. 24 % of the inhabitants are living in city areas, the other 76% are living in country areas.

The Shan (East) stretches 37,093 km2 and is made up of 10 cities. The Shan East area has an expected populace of 0.62 million (HMIS 2011 data), with a densities of 17 populations/km2. 20 percent of the local inhabitants live in city areas, the other 80 percent in country areas.

Mehr zum Thema