pc/pc="mw-headline" id="See_also">Siehe auch>>
Drain in a cooled jar, decorate and Servieren. Pegu Club is best eaten in a cooled jar and is regarded as a warm meteorological beverage. It has a flavor similar to that of a grepefruit and some barkeepers decorate it with a pinch of grepefruit rind or a piece of green grepefruit, although it is usually accompanied by a piece of lemon to add to the lemon sauce in the beverage.
Pegu cocktails have almost vanished from Myanmar's memories, but as a result of tourist activities, consciousness and accessibility have risen again. The cocktails are available at the Governor's Residence Hotel and the historical Strand Hotel in Yangon, as well as on the Road to Mandalay, an Orient Express liner on the Irrawaddy River.
It' also featured in the 100-year-old Invention Bars of the Los Angeles Athletic Club, and there's a New York City Coctailounge that has adopted it as its name.
Myanmar, Pegu | historic town
Pegu, Burmese Bago, seaport, south Myanmar (Burma), on the Pegu River, 47 mile ('76 km) north east of Yangon (Rangoon). It was the capitol of the Mon Empire and is encircled by the remains of the old walls and the ditch, which made up a 2.4 km long plaza.
It is an important center for gathering rices and wood, with a large number of flour milling and sawmilling plants. Situated to the western side of the city, the Shwethalyaung, a giant lying Buddha sculpture (55 metres long), is said to be one of the most life-like of all lying Buddha statues; supposedly constructed in 994, it was abandoned when Pegu was demolished in 1757, but re-discovered under the protection of the jungles in 1881.
The town of Pegu is said to have been established in 573 by emigrés from Thaton in the south-east, but the most likely date of its establishment as the capitol of a Mon empire is 825. Its first mention just before 850 comes from the Arabian geographicalist Ibn Khurrad?dhbih, who named it Ramaññññadesa (the Rmen, or Mon, country).
The Burmese Anawrahta, when he captured the empire from Pagan in 1057, expopulated it by carrying 30,000 Mon to Pagan. Little was known about Pegu until Pagan died in 1287 in the Mongols. In 1369, when the Mons regained their autonomy, Pegu became the capitol of their new empire.
In 1539, when the Mon Empire became part of the Burman Toungoo Empire, Pegu was appointed UK capitol until 1599 and from 1613 to 1634. When the Burmese relocated their capitol to Ava in 1635, Pegu became a province capitol, but an uprising in Mon 1740 rebuilt it as the capitol of their short-lived empire.
In 1757, when Burmese Emperor Alaungpaya entered the Mon country and wiped out the last remnants of the country's liberation, he ruined Pegu but kept the church building as is. In 1852 the British conquered the Pegu area, and in 1862, when the British Burma was founded, the capitol was transferred from Pegu to Rangoon.
Later the British made this area Burma's most important paddy farming and export area. Situated between the wooded Pegu Mountains (west) and the Sittang River (east). It has a large watering system and is the only cultivated plant that is imported through Yangon. Pegu Sittang Canal, which runs through the area, is passable with sluices for almost 40 km (almost 65 km).