Best Hotels & Accommodation available in Pakokku, Myanmar
Are you looking for shops in Pakokku? Verify rates and accomodation for: Top valued lodgings and best valued properties in Pakokku, basing on 30 ratings from genuine people! So we know that our ratings come from genuine visitors who have remained on the site. Guest-holders spend the night on the premises checking how calm the room is, how kind the personnel are and much more.
At the end of the journey the visitors tell us about their sojourn. Before we add them to our site, we test for bad words and authenticate all our visitors' ratings. When you have made a booking with us and would like to give us a rating, please register first.
130. year of Pakokku city
Metaphoricaly known as the western shore of Ayeyarwady, the municipality of Pakokku has been known since antiquity as the Pitakas town for the study of Buddhist scripture. Sanghas from all over Myanmar have come and gathered in the great abbeys of Pakokku, where Buddhist writings are brought to the friars and sisters, making Pakokku Sanana thrive throughout the state.
By March 2017 there are many large convents and sacred edifices - 1639 cloisters, 461 cloisters, 39 convents of convent and 145 sacred rooms in the Pakokku Township; there are 3023 convents and 484 monastics living and mediating in these chanceles. There are also nine renowned cloisters, among them the Thihoshin, Shwegugyi and Phaundaw-U cloisters, and seven cloisters have been registered by the Department of General Administration.
There are nine other sacred edifices within the Township. Pakokku municipality is located to the eastern side with Ayeyarwady and Taungtha municipalities, to the western side with Pauk andeikphyu municipalities, to the southern side with Ayeyarwady and Nyaung-U municipalities and to the northern side with Myaing municipality, which extends 34 mile from the eastern to the western side and 11 mile from the southern to the northern side.
There are two districts (Pakokku and Kamma) with an area of 485. The Pakokku is described on the maps in the northerly widths of 20' 54" and 20' 29", in the easterly lengths of 95' 14" and 95' 21". Ayeyarwady City is on the level of the Ayeyarwady Bench, 211.
The pagan Aloungsithu, the pagan emperor, made a trip to today's Pakokku on a gold barges in the Myanmar era 454. He undertook an anatomic preparation of her anatomy to find a little cub and remove him from her mother's belly to bury him in a place where the Shwegu Pagoda was later constructed, giving the place the name Pakokku.
Alounsithu, the king, a little by little known as Pakokku, was burying the young man in a grave in the Pakhan area. Following the British annexation of Myanmar, the community of Pakokku was founded on 21 December 1887, so that the city is now over 130 years old. During the Myanmar rulers' time, the Pakokku district was the Pakhangyi district, governed by leaders of the cities of Pakhangyi, Yawlay and Bankyitait.
Prior to the UK annexation, Pakokku was a pure fishermen settlement under the reign of Bagan Mayor. Between the Pakokku and the Ayeyarwady there was a broad sandbank, and the course of the Ayeyarwady was changing drastically, so that it became a port city in 1885.
Pakokku is the second largest after Mandalay in Obermyanmar; it is 494-mile from Yangon, compared to Ayeyarwady and 103-mile from Mandalay. National and international visitors usually worship historical coupons such as Thihoshin and Shwegu coupons. The Thihoshin Pagoda is located on a five hectare site in Myitkhaing Ward; it was created as the Thihoshin Pagoda with three different name.
Pagoda is 5' 9" high with one finger in back and the right finger in vertical posture. A. D. 1117, King Asoka Rama of Ceylon gave King Aloungsithu a picture of the Buddha cut from the Bodhi flower, called Taitha Thihoshin in honor of King Daywanunpiya.
During 1185 the head of the Myintha community constructed two sculptures of thihoshoshine on the right and two on the right; the one on the lefthand side weighed 35 diss of massive golden and the one on the right weighed 43. Originally, the Phaundaw-U Buddha statue is located in Maha Wizar Rama Asokayon Convent, south-east of Maha Wiza Rama Convent, one of the most renowned in Pakokku.
His Majesty King Narapadisithu cut Thitkanat timber for nine Buddha sculptures, among them the Phaundaw-U Statu. At the pedestal of the statue," Bagan King Narapadisithu preserved Buddha relics," engraved on the golden film. Naymyothura, the chieftain of Popa, brought the Phaundaw-U statue to Pakokku, where the statue was confided to two U Meda and U Zagara Sisters.
You wore the statue wherever you went and remained. During Myanmar era in 1277 the city of Pakokku was burned out by fire and the statue was taken to today's Maha Wiza Rama Convent on the twelfth of Tasaungmoon, 1282 M.E.'s growth.
Shvetantite pit, about three kilometres north of Pakokku, is kept on the shrine with the help of 14 elephants. The statue is said to have been constructed near the statue of King Alaungsithu. One bosun made a similar bosun and became known in the vernacular as the Shwegu Buddha-picture.
There were three U Bya, U Thandaing and U Paduma friars who lived in Shwegu Convent and had three Shan state Buddha-Stats. A holy Buddha-Statue was left near Shwegugyi. Flower patterns in reliefs about the Buddha's body were engraved in wooden on the decorative background and are now on display in the Gandakuhti sculpture's repo.
Buddha statue was kept in an decorative background with a length of 5'x10", a hight of 12'x10" and a width of 6". Images and flower patterns were engraved in reliefs on a five board set representing 136 people and 18 beasts. The woodcarving on the large decorative setting of the Shwegu statue began in 1904 and was finished in 1908.
The plate shows the carvings and their costs of K. 4000, which were made over a four-year span, and two paintings of the sculptor - the paternal and his sibilance. Benefactors of the great scenery were U Hinghar and his spouse Daw Zeezan and their subsidiaries Maythet and Maymyet; the sculptor were U Kangyi and his sons Maung Tay of Myaing Township.
For the Shwegu set, U Kangyi and his boy did not use the conventional Shwegu set cutting tool, but rather various folding ones according to their wishes, which comprise a maximum of 50 in all. On the great setting of Buddha's biographies, the two carvers cut several jataka of Dewarawhana, Nemi, Thamani and Vimvisara, which were labeled in an inscription.
At the top of the background were the woodcarvings of Dewarawhana yataka, in which the Buddha gave Abidama to the Nats and Bramins during the three-month Buddhist Lent. Buddha descends the steps of golden, sterling and ruby to the terrestrial earth; all sculpture ornaments of 20 sculptures are depicted in reliefs.
As he walked through the stairs of the ruby, the Buddha was joined by Martali and Withakyon nats, Bramins, shell blower, sunshade courts and musicans. The woodcarvings and statuary were full of vitality. At the top right side of the large scenery the wooden Naymi Jacataka sculpture and the Thadima statue on the top right side were made.
Buddha, encircled by Nats, Bramins, Queens, high and low officials, Dancer and the indigenous population, was animatedly engraved in the background. Dewadat's sculptures advise Azadathet Prinz how to assassinate his dad to become a sovereign; Azzdathat Prinz deposed his dad to put him in jail; hungry Vivisara the queen is given an Emerald Scarf by Queen Vedihi; truncated hangmen are cutting the king's socks.
Zimmermann U Kangyi tossed all the instruments together with a screwdriver, a hammer and a saw into the Ayeyarwady after he had carved the setting for the Shwegu statue, making a particular exertion with all his abilities, his good will and his generosity of spirit. The 100-year-old decorative scenery of the Shwegu statue was slightly damaged because it was abandoned on the floor without the roof.
In 1946, however, the subsidiary of the former donator Daw Zeezan did a lot of renovation work on a broken scenery and kept it in a covered staircase. The preservation of an ancient decorative setting of the Shwegu statue for more than 100 years has clearly shown the abilities and craftsmanship of two Myanmar sculptor - U Kan Gyi and his sons.
In Pakokku Town Ship there are many sacred buildings with antique palagodas and sculptures, which have been in existence for more than 130 years and are frequented by travellers and people.