Myanmar Overland

Burma Overland

Burma Cross Border Tours When you are travelling in your own car and are considering to explore Myanmar, just click on the RIGHT side! You will need to obtain an overland license, TIP (temporary entry permit) and driver's license approval to use your car in Myanmar. These approvals are granted by the Ministry of Tourism and Hotel of Myanmar through travel agencies. To get them, we need to show them the precise route, the hotel reservations and eventually make sure that a local guide, a government liaison officer and an escort car are present during the journey.

Will the Carnet de Passages be necessary in Myanmar? Your response will depend on the limit you want to exceed. Burma is not a land that applies the CPD (Carnet de Passage en Douane) rules, it is not necessary to enter or leave the state.

The Carnet de Passages for international cars is required for entry and exiting through India. How soon do I have to request these authorisations? All your records must be available at least 15 working nights prior to your scheduled date of arriving in Myanmar. At the end of this period, the authorisation will no longer be effective, so we will have to file another application and we will have to await another 2 week to receive it.

Is it possible to request the online visas? When entering via Thailand, you can submit an effective online application. Travellers wishing to travel from the Tamu/Moreh crossing will be able to travel on the e-visa from 8 August 2018. In case you choose to request a visit to the Swiss Federal Foreign Office, you will receive an invitation letter after confirmation of your trip.

Find out more about how to get a Myanmar Visas here. To obtain the Myanmar Overland Permit, we must reserve the rooms of the hotels and submit the reservations to the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism. You can, however, take one of our private tours and select the type of accommodation you would like to take, but we must still do so.

Is it possible to travel to Thailand through Myanmar with my motorhome? This is why both MPVs and mini-vans are not allowed in Thailand. It is very tight between the Thai and Myanmar border, although not all border officers are enforcing the bill. We must always sign you up as a visitor to the overland permit.

This is our next approved tour, if more participants participate, the rates will be lower and we will be updating this page: 28 September - 2 September - Overland tour 5 days/4 nights from (India) Moreh/Tamu to Myawaddy/Mae Sot (Thailand). 10 November - Overland Border Crossing Tour 5 days/4 nights from (India) Moreh/Tamu to Myawaddy/Mae Sot (Thailand).

23 - 27 December - Overland tour 5 days/4 nights from (India) Moreh/Tamu to Myawaddy/Mae Sot (Thailand). From Moreh/Tamu (India) to Myawaddy/Mae Sot (Thailand) for 5 days/4 nights. 24 - 28 September - Overland tour 5 days/4 nights from Myawaddy/Mae Sot (Thailand) to (India) Moreh/Tamu.

Dec 2018 - Overland tour 7 days/6 nights from Myawaddy/Mae Sot (Thailand) to (India) Moreh/Tamu. If you are travelling in complete tranquillity and do not want to make an appointment but want to get a personal and unforgettable holiday then our tailor-made Myanmar Overland Tours are just the thing for you!

Please make your reservation, select the date and the number of attendees and you will get a confirming e-mail. If for any reasons you would like to withdraw from your trip 30 nights before the date, you will be refunded 100% of the advance payment. There is no issue if you want to make your personal trip open after you have booked it and then split the cost.

In addition, you retain all your personalisation rights as you are the tour guide.

Mehr zum Thema