Myanmar Mogok City

Mogok City of Myanmar

Mogok celebrates its 800-year jubilee as a city of glory. It is a city in the Pyin Oo Lwin District of the Mandalay region and lies 22. Mogok, also known as Myanmar's Rubinland, is home to Myanmar, Shan, Palaung, Lisu, Chin, Kokant, Gurkha's Pa-O and other ethnical breeds. The record shows that the precious stone industry in Mogok has been recorded by the West since the sixteenth cent.

King Nuha-Thura Maha Dhama-Yaza conquered the areas of Mogok and Kyatpyin in 1597 to gain immediate entry to jewels and other gems. Until the nineteenth century, the anti-personnel landmines were under the rule of Myanmar Kings. In Mogok, according to historic notes, a village dweller called Nga Mauk, after whom the Rubin was finally given its name, found a huge Rubin of great colour and serenity.

This ruby had a gross carat of about 80 carat and was presented to the king. Unfortunately, the Nga Mauk Rubin vanished without a mark after Myanmar was annexed by the Brits in 1885. During this period, Obermyanmar was rented to a UK company (Burma Ruby Motors Ltd.) from 1889 to 1931.

Most of Mogok rock is made of high-quality metamorph slate and gneiss; granitic intricate, incl. pegmatite containing precious stones; peridotic supermafic rock; syenitic and scarn containing sapphires; and ruby and spinell containing metamorphous mora. It is currently believed that the Mogok Stones Tract quarries 1000-1200 gems. Thein Lwin sketches the story of the foundation of Mogok in detail in his novel "Padamyar Myay (Ruby Land)".

It tells that three missing fighters in 1217 found Ruby at the foot of a crumbled heap. Returning to their home town of Momeik with the scarlet gemstones, the fighters invited the man from São Paulo who then ordered his guard to build a town on the site of today's Mogok.

It is thought that Mogok is almost 800 years old, in which various ethnical groups have been living in the area in peace. The Myanmar Encyclopedia suggests that mogok ruby has been used in kingly jewellery for over 1000 years. However, just like the fate of the aforementioned kingly gemstones, specific proofs of a shift in the time line of the first detection of gemstones in Mogok are in short supply.

Livelihoods depend mainly on the extraction, trade, sawing and polish of gems. Another speciality of the city is the Htar Pwe Gem Market, where vendors from Mogok and the surrounding cities come together to buy raw stones. Mogok, known in the whole wide globe as'the land of the ruby', is situated 200 km from Mandalay in Myanmar.

Mogok also has a fairly moderate year round weather in a lowland with a large number of hills surrounding it in a lowland with a large number of hills. Since antiquity, mogok has been known for its gems, especially rubies and sapphires, but also semi-precious gems such as labis lazuli, garnets, moonstones, peridot and chrysoberyls.

Gemstones are found by hands in all-uvial gravel through pivoting, tunnelling and trenching. Pebbles come from the metamorphous limestone (marbles) of the metamorphous Mogok-Gelt. It says that 90% of the ruby comes from Mogok and only in respect of quantity is Mogok ruby best known.

Mogok is considered the pristine spring of the ruby, among them the world's best "pigeon blood" ruby and the most attractive stones in the form of "royal blue". It is known as'Rubinland' because of the higher qualities of ruby and other precious stones such as sapphire, garnets and moon stones. The gemstone trade in Mogok is thought to date back 800 years.

A big celebration on the occasion of the 80th birthday of the foundation of "The Country of Mogok" is in preparation. It will be organised with the aim of stimulating the city's gems and jewellery markets and tourist industry, preserving the tradition and cultural heritage of the area, providing information on the city' s past and providing more jobs for the population.

Mogok 800-year jubilee is scheduled for 3 working nights from March 29 th to 31 th in Mhone Kwin, Mogok City. The purpose of this event is not only to have a lot of pleasure, but also to encourage trade and travel. There are many preparation and organization commissions for the foundation of Mogok City 800 years throughout the entire land, among them Yangon, Mandalay and Mogok.

In addition, the Tourist Board, Myanmar Gems and Jewelry Entrepreneurs Association, charities and artist groups will participate in the large format festivals. After the members' approval, the commitee resolved to use 60% of the funds for the event and the other 40% for the parish of Mogok.

The Mogok is the core of one of the world's leading areas for rubies and precious stones and there are several hundred different types of mine spread throughout the area.

Auch interessant

Mehr zum Thema