Myanmar Business Visa Requirements

Burma Business Visa Requirements

The eVisa approval letter must be printed out and presented to the immigration office on arrival. How can I apply for a short-stay visa in Myanmar? For more information on health and character requirements, please visit this website. Before making a selection, please check the visa requirements below. Request an accelerated Burma/Myanmar tourist and business visa from Express Travel Services.

Work Permit Guidelines for Foreign Workers in Myanmar

While Myanmar is still opening up after years of seclusion, many international investment and multinationals are coming to the nation for the first a year. In the case of entrepreneurs who set up their own business from scratch, qualified and highly qualified staff from abroad are often used to monitor the development of new enterprises. In Myanmar, the capacity to hire qualified immigrant labour is particularly important because the level of education and work preparation in the county is inferior.

Myanmar has only about 500 professionals who comply with global labour, labor and social security requirements, according to the Ministry of Labour, Labor and Social Security. Myanmar's law on the hiring of immigrant labour is still in development, as are many other rules regulating the country's fast-moving commercial milieu.

Burma does not have a full work permits system for expatriates, although the National League for Democracy-led executive is developing laws to provide a more coherent frame. However, there are currently several opportunities for non-nationals to obtain legitimate working in Myanmar, which will be examined below. Currently, most of Myanmar's expatriate employees come and reside in Myanmar on a commercial license.

First of all, most expatriates obtain a one-off commercial permit for 70 days. You can obtain a multiple-entry commercial visitor card if the person applying has already had at least two one-time entrance commercial and has not infringed immigrant legislation. Issuance requirements for multiple-entry commercial permits are not carved in stones, but are defined on a case-by-case base.

There are cases where the public authority may only need a one-entrance permit, while in other cases it may need three. Multientry commercial permits allow unrestricted travel for a period of three month, six month or one year with a possible residence limit of 70 at most.

People from 50 different nations can submit applications for 70 days of e-visa on-line. From Yangon, Mandalay or Nay Pyi Taw airport, e-visas are required. A national of 48 counties may also request a commercial visitor upon arriving, while a national of any county may request a visit to an Myanmar consulate or diplomatic mission.

Citizens from Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam can enter Myanmar without a valid travel permit with a 14-day-limit. Whilst the cost of multi-passport vouchers varies depending on the countries of residence, multiple-entry vouchers are much more costly than entrance vas. You will need the following documents to apply for a commercial visa:

An Employers Testimonial stating the nature of the enterprise, the purposes of the trip, the name of the person applying, his or her identity, the location in the enterprise and the planned arrival and departure time. A Certificate of Incoming Arrival from a Myanmar based enterprise on their formal notice. A Certificate of Incorporation from the Myanmar based organisation that formally invites the person applying.

Guarantors must be directors or owners of the corporation and provide a copy of the corporation's Myanmar incorporation deed. Guarantors can be approached by immigrant services during the visa request procedure; visa request forms; passports with a validity of at least six month and a copy of the ID page.

Even though commercial vizas are restricted to 70 days, whether individual or multiple-entry vizas, a residence card or a specific re-entry vision can be purchased to prolong the entire duration of sojourn. A residence card is not a stand-alone form of travel but rather a specific authorisation that lifts the 70-day border for work permits and allows a non-resident employee to reside in Myanmar for either three month, six month or one year.

The residence permit is only applicable for one person entering the country, even if the owner has a multi-passvisas. To keep the residence permit in force when you leave Myanmar, you must apply for a special re-entry visas for several trips. If you are applying for a reentry type Multi Journey Special reentry visas, they are also available for three month, six month or one year.

There are more stringent requirements for obtaining this type of residence permit than for commercial and residence permits. In order to qualify for the Multiple Journey Special Re-entry visa, the candidate must have travelled to Myanmar on a commercial permit at least three occasions and prove that he is an advisor, principal or executive.

Residence permits and re-entry visas are issued by the Ministry of Immigration and Population. You will need the following documentation to obtain a residence and reentry visa for several trips: Employers' letters of reference, which include information on the nature of the enterprise, the purposes of the trip, the name of the person applying, his or her identity, his or her job in the enterprise and planned arrival and departure times; letters of invitations from a Myanmar corporation on their formal cover letters; applicant's CV; letters of approval certified and legalised by the appropriate embassy or consulate in Myanmar; corporate documentation, which includes certificates of enrolment, permits, affidavits of the corporation; visa request forms; passports containing at least the following information

With the Myanmar Foreign Investment Law of 2012, a work visa system was established for foreign nationals who invest in Myanmar. Businesses that invest in Myanmar under the Foreign Investment Act or established under the Special Economic Zone of Myanmar (MSEZL) may request work permits for foreign nationals in management or regulatory positions or for persons with technological aptitudes.

In order to do this, a business must have an investment license and obtain confirmation from the Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC) for the engagement of expatriates. If an organization operates under the CSEZL, it may also submit an application to the Zone's One Stop Service Center (OSSC). To obtain a work permits, the applicants must be healthy, have a reference from their employers and have a qualification that is recognised in terms of work, either locally or globally.

Also with a work permits, expatriates must obtain a multiple-trip residence and reentry visas to remain in Myanmar for more than 70 nights and to be able to leave and re-enter on the same one. Demands for the recruitment of immigrant labour in Myanmar, as is the case with other aspects of overseas investments, are being progressively liberalised.

While the Myanmar Foreign Investment Law of 2012 required a certain percentage of Myanmar business staff to be nationals (25 per cent within the first two years of starting a business, 50 per cent for years three and four and 75 per cent within the fifth and sixth years), this is no longer the case under the new Myanmar Investment Law.

It is recommended that those who recruit talented international people to work in Myanmar should supervise any changes in the law on official web sites and in the intelligence community. Proposals to establish a more complete regulatory framework for the employment of non-national employees have already been prepared and are currently being revised. There is, for example, room for restriction on the domestic activities of Myanmar residents when a bill entitled "Law on Foreigners" is adopted by Myanmar's legislature in its present state.

There is a debate in the House that expats in possession of a foreigner registration certificate (FRC) should obtain a residence visa for foreign nationals wishing to remain in Myanmar for more than 90 successive nights for more than 24 hrs before travelling internally outside their recorded adress.

And even those who have been given a permit must inform the migration services at their final destinations when they arrive. Expatriates have declared that the bill will discourage investments as its impracticability puts aliens at considerable risk related to non-compliance. With the new law on investments, which will come into force on 1 April, the state intends to increase its attractiveness for attracting greater amounts of non-German investments, and new rules to clarify the situation regarding the hiring of non-German employees are anticipated for 2017.

Dezan Shira is a specialized FDI firm offering management consulting, fiscal consulting and fulfillment, bookkeeping, payroll, due-diligence and financial auditing to multinational companies that invest in China, Hong Kong, India, Vietnam, Singapore and the ASEAN. Keep up to date with the latest Asian economic and capital spending developments by signing up for our free updates with the latest developments, comments and regulative information.

Our missions are to lead international businesses through the diverse Asian regulative environments and to support them in all facets of building, sustaining and expanding their businesses in the area.

Mehr zum Thema