Myanmar Border Crossing Visa

Burma Border Crossing Visa

Information on vehicle transitions can be found at the bottom of this page. Do you want to know about visas and border crossings in Burma (Myanmar)? Physical visas are valid only if agreed in advance. Do NOT rely on this page for up-to-date and accurate visa and border information. With a Myanmar visa you can enter through one of the three international airports (Yangon, Mandalay or Nay Pyi Taw) or one of the three border crossings Thailand-Myanmar (Tachileik, Myawaddy, Kawthaung).

Burma Visas & Border Crossings

Do NOT trust this page for up-to-date and exact visa and border information. Inquire always with the responsible authority. Myanmar does not have a visa upon your arriving. The visa must be applied for in advanced at a tourist agent or an agent. Xieng Kok-Won KyinThe border is not yet open.

Thai-Myanmar border crossing - Myanmar Forum

Hello I am currently in Myanmar and am awaiting my 30 days touristic visa in Myanmar, I plan to drive further North in order to change May from Myangkok, I had then hoped to go from Myanmar to Myanmar overland by coach, but I am fighting to find an information about the simplest way to do this.

A few of the older information says that many of the passages have been closed without prior notification, but I'm not sure if this is still the case? hey Thomas..... your best wager is to take a coach from Chiang Mai to Tak, then on the Mae Sot - Myawaddy crossing on to Myanmar, to Hpa-an / Myawlamyine, then to Yangon (Note: it seems that on even dates cabs run from Myawaddy to Hap-an, the other to and from Myawaddy....

When you are travelling from Chiang Mai to the northeast and crossing at Mae Sai - Taichileik, you would have to take a local or Kengtung to the interior, because there is still no allowed shore trip further than Kengtung....or...if you want to crossing there, then look at the Golden Myanmar carriers (cheapest airline), as they fly 3 times a week from Taichileik to Heho and Lashio.

Hello, I told the Embassy in Aust. at the beginning of the year that I wanted to crossing the border in Mae Sai and then take a plane from Tachileik to Heho. It seemed to me that if I was booking with a tour group in Myanmar, it would be possible to continue my journey.

I did, however, recommend that I should travel alone and take a cab to the airfield. Since I didn't want to take the chance of getting to the border and being denied access, I went back to schedule 1 (plane back to Bangkok from Chiang Mai & then to Mandalay by plane).

I' ve been reading a few blog posts where folks came to Thailand, but not the other way around. Honestly, I would not organize a visa with entry/departure via a country border crossing unless I had something wanted from the warranty e.g. writing deed from the embassy. The Embassy in Australia is not the best information resource for this border crossing....this border crossing is'open' at the same times as the Mae Sot-Myawaddy, and the other 1 or 2...only the distinction is the restricted country trip that you can make once in Taichileik.

Hello, went from Chang Mai to Chang Rai, from where you can take the coach to the border. When you cross the border on your own, you must hand in your pass at the border crossing point. A replacement Myanmar domestic ticket will be issued to you, allowing you to move within a specific area and you must depart from your point of arrival, where you will be able to redeem your ticket for your pass and proceed with your journey.

There is only one visa in your visa (perhaps from the Bangkok embassy in Myanmar) that allows you to cross the border - the visa is for admission only. We' ll be visiting Myanmar in March this year on a 28-day visa. We' re trying to be as effective as possible. This means not driving the same course twice.

Will it be possible to pass the northern border of Thailand and return to Thailand at another southern-border? As long as you have an Ambassadorial Visa in your visa (i.e. not an e-visa that is only suitable for flights to one of the 3 airport ) can then travel with Thailand via any of the 4 or 5 border countries.

Please note: To enter/exit the northernmost border to Thailand, Mae Sai-Taichileik, a domestic trip from Taichileik or Kengtung is required, as there are no other roads except through an authorized agent and rental cars and drivers.

Mehr zum Thema