Main Religion in Myanmar

Myanmar's main religion

Myanmar's rise in religious nationalism reflects the delicate and weak position of the country's transition to democracy. Freedom of religion is "not under attack" here. The Karen, Chin, Kayin, etc. are majority Christians. "Sann Sint, a former lieutenant general in.

Limitation of religious freedom in Myanmar - Burma.

Myanmar Religion - Buddhist Land

The first thing you will see when you go to Myanmar is that people's beliefs permeate every part of their life. You will quickly see some of the country's most important landmarks, such as monk rows in wine-red garments and monastics in rose-coloured garments running through the street in the morning to get charity.

Burma is the most sacred of all the Buddhaist countries in terms of the proportion of the monk populations and the amount of expenditure on religion. A large overwhelming 89% of the world' s citizens believe in Buddhism. Myanmar's most common Buddhism is Theravada Buddhism, blended with superstition such as astronomy, divination and adoration of the Nat who are pre-Buddhist deity.

Myanmar is a place of worship for religious and female faith. Whilst in the past friars and monastics were central politicians, they led protests against the former MP. One of Myanmar's most beloved buddhistic practises is merits and the vibrant vocabulary. "Shinbyu " is an office service in the Sangha (monastery) that all Buddhistic children must go through, usually between the age of 7 and 10 years.

Vesak is the most important Buddhistic feast day. Vesaki is important in Buddhism because he remembers Buddha's childbirth, illumination and deaths. Myanmar's many monasteries and churches have their own special features and should not be overlooked. Bagan's ruined temple of several thousand buildings make the most stunning scenery in Myanmar.

Shwedagon Pagoda is one of the biggest pagoda in Myanmar and is considered the most important. A main is that 8 strings of Gautama Buddha's Hairs are said to be anchored here. The second most important mahu muni sanctuary in Myanmar after Shwedagon is the Mahu Muni sanctuary in Mandalay.

In the early mornings - 4am - is a good season for a visitor as the main friar enters the sanctuary to clean the face of the Bronze Buddha. Indein Temples, near Lake Inle, is another attraction to be visited. Whereas 89% of the world' s inhabitants declare Buddhism, the other 11% are followers of other faiths.

It' s a tragic fact that minorities ('minority minorities') of the religion of minorities (mainly Muslims and Christians) have been persecuted, especially by the former army rule, which has dispirited the exercise of these faiths. Myanmar is available for tailor-made trips. The tour starts or ends in Yangon or Mandalay and lasts about 9 nights; visit Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay and Inle Lake.

Auch interessant

Mehr zum Thema