Kyungbok PalaceThe Kyungbok Palace
pcb-file="mw-headline" id="Übersicht">Übersicht< class="mw-editsection-bracket">>>
The most important kingly palace of the Joseon family, Gyeongbokgung (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???), also known as Gyeongbokgung Palace or Gyeongbok Palace. It was constructed in 1395 and is situated in the north of Seoul, South Korea. Gyeongbokgung, the biggest of the five great palaces of the Joseon family, was used by the Joseon queens, the kings' houses and the Geshaohe.
During the Imjin War, Gyeongbokgung remained the Joseon Dynasty's principal palace until it was burned down and left for two centenaries. But in the nineteenth centuary, all 7,700 rooms of the palace were renovated under the guidance of Prince Regent Heungseon during the rule of King Gojong.
1 ] The architectonic principals of old Korea have been integrated into the traditions and image of the Joseon courts. At the beginning of the twentieth-century most of the palace was purposefully demolished by imperial Japan. From then on, the bricked palace building has been slowly reshaped to its former state. Today the palace is probably the most magnificent of all five buildings.
The National Palace Museum of Korea and the National Folk Museum are also housed in the area. Gyeong Bokgung was erected three years after the foundation of the Joseon dictatorship and was used as the highpoint. Gyeongbokgung lay in the centre of the Jordanian capitol against the background of Mount Bugak and the road of the six ministries (now Sejongno) in front of Gwanghwamun Gate, the palace's central door.
This was constantly extended before it became ash during the 1592 Japans. The castle remained in ruins for the next 273 years until it was reconstructed in 1867 under the direction of Regent Heungseon Daewongun. Inside the palace wall were the outer courtyard (oejeon), office for the kings and civil servants and the inner courtyard (naejeon), which contained dwellings for the imperial families as well as garden for recreation.
There were other large and small castles within its vast districts, among them Junggung (the Queen's residence) and Donggung (the Crown Prince's residence). Because of its stature as a sign of sovereign nationalism, Gyeongbokgung was torn down during the early twentieth ct. invasion of Japan. At the palace, the country was given to the Governor General of Japan in 1911.
After the show, the Japanese levelled what was left and erected their general building (1916-26) on the site. In 1996 the Heungnyemun Gate (2001) and the Gwanghwamun Gate (2006-2010) were restored in their former form and location. Gyeong Bokgung was initially erected in 1394 by the Joseon Dynasty's first emperor and creator, Taejo, and its name was designed by an important governor, Jeong Do-jeon.
The palace was then continually extended during the reigns of King Taejong and King Sejong the Great. In 1553 it was badly affected by a fire and its expensive renovation, commissioned by King Myeongjong, was finished the following year. From 1911 the empire's empire destroyed all but 10 of them during the Korean invasion and organized a number of exhibits in Gyeongbokgung.
The Japanese rulers erected the solid Japanese building in front of the Geunjeongjeon enthroned room in 1926 to exterminate the Joseon dynasty's symbols and heritages. Gwangwamun Gates, the principal and southern gates of Gyeongbokgung, was moved by the Japanese to the eastern part of the palace, and its woodwork was totally demolished during the Korean War.
Gyeongbokgung's pristine palace dating from the nineteenth centuries, which included both the survival of the colonial Korean Empire and the Korean War: The Imperial Throne Room - Treasure No. 223. Golden Gyeonghoeru Pavilion - Treasure No. 224. Hiangwonjeong Pavilion, Jagyeongjeon Hall, Jibokjae Hall, Sajeongjeon Hall and Sujeongjeon Hall. State-of-the-art archeological investigations have uncovered 330 foundation structures.
The 1989 saw the launch by the Republic of Korea of a 40-year effort to restore the hundred buildings that had been damaged by the Japanese Empire's empire during the 1910-1945 occupation. After many controversies over its destiny, the Japanese general administration building was torn down in 1995 to restore the Heungnyemun Gate and its monasteries.
In 2005, the National Museum of Korea, which was then on the palace site, was moved to Yongsan-gu. After passing the original front and second gates (Heungnyemun Gate), we crossed a small viaduct called Yeongjegyo. Chwihyanggyo was the longest wooden structure built during the Joseon dynasty, but it was demolished during the Korean War.
The Bihyeongak (Hangul: www. Bihyeongak; Hanja: ???) means large and light palace in which the monarch refreshes his office with his schoolmaster. When Huijeong Dang of Changdeokgung Palace was burnt down in 1917, the Japan authorities dismantled the palace and used its structural material to rebuild Huijeong Dang in 1920.
9 ] Today's Gangnyeongjeon was constructed in 1994, and the house has been carefully restored to its initial specification and outlines. Gangnieongjeon is made up of hallways and fourteen square rooms, each of which is situated to the right and right of the house in a floor plan like a chessboard. He used the main room while the keepers of the courtyard squatted the other side rooms to defend, help and take orders.
It is built on a high rock base and there is a rock floor or porch in front of the house. Remarkable characteristic of the edifice is the lack of an upper blank eaves named zongmaru (Hangul: ???) in Korean. There are many hypotheses to illustrate the lack, one of which is that, since the Joseon kings were symbolised as dragons during the Joseon era, the Lord Maru, which contains the letters Drake or Lord (?), cannot lie on the kings when he sleeps.
Gesunjeongjeon (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???), also known as Geunjeongjeon Hell, is the royal enthroned room in which the royal family officially gave hearings to its officers, made statements of great importance and welcomed emissaries and messengers from abroad during the Joseon family. 10 ] The house was named Korea's State Treasure No. 223 on January 8, 1985.
Geunjeongjeon (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???), directly southwards of Geunjeongjeon, is the entrance to the inner court and Geunjeongjeon. There are three corridors in the doorway, and only the emperor was permitted to pass through the centre. Gowanghwamun (Hangul: ???; Hanya: ???) is the principal gateway to Gyeongbokgung Palace.
Also known as the Gyeonghoeru Pavilion, Gyeonghoeru (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???) is a room where important and unique state dynasty dinners are held. On January 8, 1985, it was recorded as Korea's National Treasure No. 224. Gyeonghoeru was built in 1412, the twelfth year of the Taejong rule, but was burnt down during the 1592 invasion of Korea by Japan.
Today's edifice was built in 1867 (4th year of the Gojong government) on an isle of an man-made, square, 128 metres by 113 metres lakes. Gyeonghoeru was built mainly of timber and rock and has a shape in which the timber construction of the house rests on 48 solid rock columns, with timber staircases linking the second storey with the first one.
Gyeonghoeru was constructed in 1412, these columns of stones were adorned with statues representing kites towering in the skies, but these detail were not replicated when the edifice was erected in the nineteenth cent. There are three stonebridges connecting the palace park and the edges of the railings around the castle are adorned with twelve signs of the zodiac.
It was burnt down in 1592 when the Japs marched into Korea, but was rebuilt in 1867. However, when Daejojeon of Changdeokgung Palace was burnt down by fire in 1917, the Japan administration dismantled the structure and reused its builders' material to rebuild Daejojeon. 12 ] The present structure was rebuilt in 1994 according to its initial designs and guidelines.
There is no loft named Yong Maru in the house, like Gangnyeongjeon. Square hexagon stacks, built around 1869 in brightly coloured brick and ornamental tile, decorate Amisan without showing their usefulness, and are remarkable illustrations of Joseon dynastic mintiness. Chwihyanggyo was the longest wooden structure built during the Joseon Empire, but it was demolished during the Korean War.
The Jagyeongjeon (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???), also known as the Jagyeongjeon Hall, is a house used as the principal residence of Queen Sinjeong (Hangul: ????; Hanja: ????), the queen of King Heonjong. The Jagyeongjeon is the only regal residential area in Gyeongbokgung that was able to survive the tearing down campaign of the Japanese-rule.
On January 8, 1985, the edifice and the ornamental wall were listed as Korea's Treasure No. 809. The Jibokjae (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???), situated next to the Geoncheonggung Residence, is a two-storey residential reading room used by King Gojong. There was a fire in Gyeongbokgung Palace in 1876, and King Gojong briefly entered Changdeokgung Palace.
In 1888 he finally relocated to Gyeongbokgung, but he had the Jibokjae buildings dismantled and in 1891 relocated from Changdeokgung to their present site. 15] His name, Jibokjae, freely translated "Hall of Collecting Jade". It is a unique example of the strong impact of China's architectural style rather than the country's old-fashioned palace-style.
The Bohyeondang (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???) and Gahoejeong (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???), which were also a collection centre just outside Jibokjae, were torn down by the Japonese authorities at the beginning of the twentieth-century. The Sajeongjeon (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???), also known as Sajeongjeon Hall, is a house used by the Emperor as the head quarter during the Joseon Dynasty.
Behind Geunjeongjeon Hall, the sovereign exercised his law enforcement function and met with the highest civil servants in Sajeongjeon. The Sujeongjeon (Hangul: ???; Hanja: ???), a structure just outside Gyeonghoeru, was erected in 1867 and used by the Joseon family. The Taewonjeon (Hangul: www. Taewonjeon; Hanja: ???), or Taewonjeon Sanctuary, is an Original Sanctuary that was initially erected in 1868 to host a statue of the Joseon Emperor, Taejo, and to carry out rituals for the late royalty.
Totally demolished by the Japans at the beginning of the twentieth c., the sanctuary was rebuilt in its original form in 2005. From 1888 King Gojong lived in Geoncheonggung and the palace was continually extended, but on 8 October 1895 Empress Myeongseong, the wife of King Gojong, was murdered in the palace by the brutal murderers of Japan.
In January 1896 the palace was abandoned and the emperor never came back to the palace. In 1909 the palace, which was torn down entirely by the Japan authorities, was rebuilt in 2007 according to old plans and opened to the general population. Gyeongbokgung's backyard contained the major part of the governor general's palace, which was erected at the beginning of the twentieth century during the occupying years.
When the Republic of Korea was founded in 1948, President Syngman Rhee used it as an administrative and residential building. After the inauguration of President Kim Young-sam in 1993, the residency of the Governor General of Japan on the Cheongwadae site was demolished to eliminate an important icon of Colongwada. Today the Gyeongbokgung Palace is open to the general population and hosts the National Folk Museum of Korea, the National Palace Museum of Korea and the National Palace Museum of Korea and conservatories.
Gyeong Bokgung Station (Station #327 on Line 3). Gyeongbokgung begins its overnight period in October, from 19:00 to 22:00. Gyeongbokgung Palace, which can be opened at nights, changes every year. From the Joseon Dynasty, in Seoul. Skip up ^ "GYEONGBOKGUNG PALACE". PALACE OF GYEONGBOKGUNG.
Skip up ^ "Introduction to Gyeongbokgung". Gyeongbokgung. "??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? (Destruction of Gyeongbokgung during the Japanese occupation of Korea and reconstruction companies)" ?? (??????) (Cultural Heritage Administration of Korea). ?? (Korea Palace). Gyeongbokgung. "at" gyeongbokgung. ?? (Korea Palace). Gyeongbokgung. Gyeongbokgung. Gyeongbokgung. Gyeong Bokgung Palace. High ^ "The 5 Palaces of Seoul".