Astonishing discoveries in the Kyaukse area
In the Mandalay region, however, a mound on which there was a coupé hid another coupé, which in turn surrounded a two-storey building. Known as Tamote Shinpin Shwegugyi Tempel, the sanctuary was constructed by King Anawrahta (1044-1077) of Bagan, and the second floor was added by King Narapatisithu (1173-1210), and both were enclosed in a giant stupa by King Uzana of the Pinya family ((1324-1343).
It was crowned in 1915 with a small U San Htwa peak from the Kyaung Pangon town, since for hundreds of years the peak was considered an average mound of somewhat even form, and of course every peak merits a pod. The natives found the basis of a giant stupa and part of an entry at their side, suggesting another edifice inside.
Digging further was no simple choice, fearing that the excavations could damage the surrounding stupa. More than 27 meters long on each of its four sides, the stupa has been completely exposed. In the following year, with the full backing of the Ministry of Culture, the work went on and finally unveiled the inner sanctuary constructed by Anawrahta.
Built on two floors, the building is situated on the site of the destroyed Tamote fort, 10 kilometers north west of Kyaukse on the Dadar U highway. It is near the towns of Kyaimg Pangon and Nyaung Pin Sauk, near the Pan Lang and Samone Creeks.
Therefore, the part of the sanctuary that had fallen into the ground had fallen to a deep of about 1.5 meters (5 feet), while the remainder was in perfect state. It had behaved like a sign, and the rooms between the shrine and the stupa were full of smooth, sand mud from the near creeks.
His most astonishing discovery in the sanctuary were the pictures: Kyaukses has always been an important area in Myanmar's riches. Anawrahta, the king, constructed many forts along the frontiers of his empire and along the streams that flow in his country. amote was one of nine forts he constructed along the Kyaukse River because he needed shelter from the ingress of rain.
It is said that King Anawrahta constructed a shweg or sanctuary on each of these nine fortifications. Evidence suggests that the sanctuary was restored three redesigns before it was no longer visible. In 1356 a stony script was found containing a note of Thihathu (1312-1324), the creator of the Pinya dictatorship, who made a pilgrimage there and donated land and land and slaves for his livelihood.
Uzana, who constructed the enclosing Stupa, was the successor to Thihathu's royal seat, but his Biology Fathers were the ousted one. Thihathu had marry the Kyawswar Princess when she had a newborn. Thus the template was the work of three Bagan blood line monarchs. Anawrahta constructed the first one-storey building in the eleventh quarter, Narapatisithu the second in the twelfth quarter, and it was completed in the fourteenth quarter.