The town of Kecskemét (Hungarian pronunciation:[?k?t??k?me?t]) is located in the centre of Hungary. Bács-Kiskun is the eight biggest town in the Czech Republic and the district town of Bács-Kiskun. Kecskemét is situated half way between the Budapest and Szeged, the country's third biggest town, 86 km from both and almost equidistant from the country's two major streams, the Danube and the Tisa.
This is the northerly one of two centres of the South Plain of Hungary (Hungarian: Del-Alföld) (consisting of the three districts Bács-Kiskun, Békés and Csongrád); the south centre is situated in the town of ?zeged, the residence of Csongrád district. Its name derives from the name of the town, the Hungarians say the " brat ". Founded at the intersection of a large sand and a sand bottom, Kecskemét is 120 metres above sealevel.
Occupying the area western of the borough is wind-blown sandy land, characterised by almost equally flat north-south stretches of sandy dune and the plains between them. Bovine grazing had damaged the native flora and the move of sands seriously threatened the area. It is situated in the centre of Kiskunság, one of the most popular Hungarian areas.
Kecskemét of Kiskunság is a typical continent with hot, arid and sometimes extremely hot climate. This amount of daylight allows the local community to grow crops such as grain, fruit, apricots, paprika and tropical herbs. Kecskemét's hottest months are July with an annual mean of 20 degrees.
In the Great Hungarian Plain early vernal and early fall foals are common. In the first centuries B.C., the Sarmatians penetrated the area; since then, the area has been continually populated by a multitude of civilizations. Janos Hornyik, the first urban historian, thought that the village known as the partisan of the Sarmac Jazygians was here.
There is a modern agreement among historical scholars that it is more likely that long-term settlements took place after the Hungarians conquered the country. In the early part of the thirteenth centuries, there were seven towns in the area, each with 200-300 inhabitants, which developed near the local churches, a characteristic rustic area. Kecskemét was located on an important trade road and therefore developed into a customs house and square; in 1368 it was recognised as an obidium (town) in one of the documents of King Ludwig I of Hungary.
Because of the city's lively economy and relatively large populations, it was more attractive to merchants, artisans and inhabitants, among them Jews, who became an important part of the city. When the Turks invaded, colonists from the surrounding towns took refuge in Kecskemét, which was guarded by fortifications. Kecskemét, in order to protect its surroundings, had also decided to transfer taxes directly to the Pascha in Buda in order to preserve its defence and enjoy a particular position.
Little by little Kecskemét took over the land of those who had found shelter in the city. At the beginning of the eighteenth and eighteenth centuries, the inhabitants kept almost 30,000 cows grazing on an almost 2,000 square kilometer area. By the end of the eighteenth centuries, livestock farming was beginning to lose its economical importance because the land had been pastured over and exposed.
Nearly 100 years passed before the next large farm was born. Kecskemét was already part of an important winegrowing area in the nineteenth centuries, but the importance of the village grew after the vineyard damage devastated most of the vines in the uplands. During the 1870' estates owners cultivated large vineyard estates in the area.
They were the foundation for the vineyard and winemaking industries of the twentieth centuries in Kecskemét. Home-like villages have grown in the vineyard to accommodate labourers, a model that is still typical of the countryside around the city. Oenological industries are growing faster than the foodstuffs industries and commerce.
It is still known for its barack pálinka, an apple spirit. By accumulating funds, the farmers began to accept civic habits and goods, which stimulated commerce in the area. It was this richness of the region that resulted in the building of new structures, especially around the central Kecskemét area. The Art Nouveau ensemble is of architectural importance: the Municipal Hall, the New College, the Ornamental Palace, the Luther Palace, the Trading House (today the House of the Boys) and the Herrencasino, which is now used as a Hungarian photo museum.
In 1944, during the Great Patriotic War and particularly in May-June, the Hungarians arrested and transported most of the Jews from the village to Auschwitz-Birkenau, where most were murdered. The Jewish Hungarians were an important part of the flourishing civilization and commerce in Kecskemét. Post-1945, the new Soviet Union-influenced, newly elected communist regime introduced a different socio-political system.
Kecskemét's growth slower. Kecskemét suffered the loss of its large territories due to the reorganisation of the municipal administration; several new autonomous towns were established in the region. Their economic ties were with the city. Kecskemét first assumed an important position in the administration in 1950, when it became the headquarters of the biggest Bács-Kiskun district in the state.
Within the specialized system of the so-called regulated economies under the communist regime, this situation brought a number of economic and social benefits that really assisted the town in its continued expansion. In 1900-1975, architectural designer Jozef Kerényi (1900-1975) designed and refurbished several old houses for other uses and contributed to the preservation of the city's diverse history.
Daimler, the leading automotive company in Germany, today announces the construction of a Mercedes-Benz production facility in Kecskemét and plans to make investments of 800 million euros (1.24 billion US dollars) on June 18, 2008. One of the largest, if not the largest, in the area, the factory will employ 2,500 migrants. Urban joblessness is very low.
Kecskemét began to develop tram transport for 50,000 inhabitants with the industrialisation of Hungary around 1900. It was not until after the Second World War that the coach journey began in the town. During 2010, the municipality put a number of trolley buses into operation with competitively financed by the EU, and in 2011 the inner centre was fully converted into a shopping and leisure area.
There are 107,267 inhabitants in Kecskemét (as of 2001[update]). People are homogenous with a large Hungarians majorities. Several thousand Roma minorities are living in the town; they constituted their own autonomous minority-level administration in 1994. Before the Second World War, the town had a flourishing Jew populace, repre-sented by its large temple.
In 1944 most Jews were sent by Nazi troops to Nazi concentrations where they were murdered. There are 21+1 segments in Kecskemét. "Katona József Theatre" by Kecskemét http://kecskemetikatona.hu/hu/english. Zotetán Kodály (1882-1967), Hungarian songwriter, ethno musicologist, teacher, linguist as well as philospher. is a partnership with Kecskemét: The Tactical Wing, the only Magyar Honvédség jets fighting aircraft assembly, is located at the Kecskemét military bases.
Here the famous flight show Repül?nap takes place, a half-yearly flight show. The automobile manufacturer Daimler is building a new plant in Kecskemet, Hungary. A Mercedes kinskeméti yára az geedeti terrace kzerint épül" (in Hungarian). Councilman of Coventry. Commons Wikimedia has related Kecskemét related news items.