Hakha ChinThe Hakha Chin
]; formerly Haka) is the major city of Chin State in Burma. The Hakha was established around 1400 AD by the Lai people. This area was governed by chieftains for many centuries and was made up of more than 600 homes when Britain's forces entered Hakha in 1889.
On January 19, 1890, the Britons invaded Hakha as part of their operations to "subjugate the savage tribes" in the Arakan Hills Division, as the area was then known. Later on, the UK authorities set up a subdivision bureau and Hakha became a city a few years later. Hakha was taken by Japonese forces during the Second World War on November 11, 1943; later it was reconquered by English forces.
In 1948, when Burma became independent of Britain's rule, Hakha became an important centre for one of the divisions of the Chin Special Division, whose main town was Falam. Chin Special Division was reorganized in 1974 as Chin State, at that point Hakha became the Chin State main town.
This entailed an inflow of administration employees and the town' s expansion and expansion. Finally, Hakha became the biggest town in the Chin state with about 20,000 inhabitants and belonged to the new founded district:Hakha County. It is 1,870 meters above sealevel and is located at the base of the Rung Tlang (Mt. Rung), which is about 2,299 meters high and is one of the most renowned and prettiest summits of the Chin state.