???; pronounced[??ra?de]) is a town and the administration centre of the Bosnian-Podrin canton Gora?de of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, a unit of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It' on the bank of the Drina riverbank. From 2013 it has 20,897 residents. The town of Gora?de lies on the bank of the Drina in south-eastern Bosnia (see maps).
It is located on the flood plain in a wide river Drina river eroded wide area. Drina River runs between these and some other mounds. Near Gora?de this street joins another one from Sarajevo and the centre of Bosnia over the Jabuka mountain range into the Drina river and on to Plevlje.
Drina at Gora?de. Gora?de and Gornje Podrinje were part of the old Serbian state until 1376, when he was annexed to the Bosnian state under the rule of King Tvrtko. Gora?de was first referred to as a trade village in 1379 and a fort in 1444. Gora?de Square seems to have its name from the Slavic term "gorazd", which became known in 1415, when traders from Dubrovnik maintained close trade with it.
In 1465 the Turks finally conquered Gora?de and the place became eastern. Gora?de was an important commercial center during the time of Turkey's reign, at the intersection of two important roads: Bosnian and Dubrovnik. Gora?de was referred to as the 26,000 acchi of Turkey's zoimats in 1711.
The two Sijercic beggars constructed two medieval churches from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. The Serbian Orthodox St. George is located near Gora?de. It was erected in 1454 by Stefan Vuk?i? Kosa?a Gora?de, a printer affiliated to the cathedral, worked there from 1519 to 1521. Gora?de's demise in the eighteenth and first half of the nineteenth centuries is traced back, among other things, to the scourge.
Gora?de belonged to the Herzegovinian Sandjak until the mid nineteenth cent. Gora?de's downfall characterised the Austro-Hungarian era, although there was a certain upturn. Because of its geographic location on the frontier, Gora?de was one of the most important centres of Austria-Hungary against Serbia and Montenegro during the First World War.
Gora?de, which was no longer a border city, had standard circumstances in pre-war Yugoslavia under which it could grow and flourish. On 27 January 1942, the National Liberation Army took over the city for the first case and stayed there until May of the same year. National Liberation Committees were established for the city of Gora?de during this era on the base of the provisions of Fo?a
Gora?de was also the head office of the National Liberation Army for Eastern Bosnia. At the beginning of March 1942, the Commander-in-Chief, Marshal Tito, was in Gora?de. The city was freed twice, in 1943 and 1944, and on March 6, 1945 it was eventually freed from the Allies. Gora?de's inhabitants were formed during the Austro-Hungarian invasion.
Orthodox residents come from Stari Vlah in Sandzak, Brda in Montenegro, Herzegovina and southern Serbia, and the few ancestors who were exempt, Muslims, began to settle in the seventeenth cent. Between the end of the Great Depression and 1961, Gora?de was home to many new homes from the surrounding towns and some other distant places, attracting the economy of Gora?de.
Gora?de had 8,812 residents according to the 1961 population. Prior to the Second World War, Gora?de's industries were mainly retailing and, to a certain extent, wholesaling, gastronomy, crafts and transportation. A new era began after the Second World War, characterised by an enormous increase in society and economy.
Following the Dayton Agreement negotiations, a country lane was set up between the Federation and the town. In 1991, the town of Guora?de itself had 18,752* inhabitants (a population of 27,386): the area around Guora?de consists of Palaeozoic shale, limestone, coal and Permian. Above all, the mountain environment of the town and its environs is balanced and cool.
It is 5 km from Gora?de. Drina is very important for the foundation and growth of Gora?de. There were the biggest flooding since the eighteenth centuary in the years 1677, 1731, 1737, 1896, 1911, 1952, 1974 and 2010. Gora?de belonged to the Turkish Empire from 1465 to 1878.
Gora?de was populated by Muslim and Orthodox societies in the eighteenth and nineteenth century. Until the Second World War there were two distinct parts: The city began to grow and modernise after the Second World War, new roads were constructed, as well as housing and community facilities were erected in the city center and on the suburbs.
Gora?danske Godine (Fahrudin Sejdi?, Compact-E, 1996), Biti Svedok Sindine (Ahmet Sejdi?, Info-grafika, 1996), Ratni Dnevnik Gora?de 1992 are other works that have been published in Serbo-Croatian (i.e. Bosnian, Catalan or Serbian). Teror nad Srbima u Gora?du (Nikola Heleta, Svet Kyige, Beograd, 1999) and Gora?de '92-'95. The Gora?de is a partnership with:
The Wikimedia Commons has got press on Gora?de.