Bagan City in MyanmarCity in Myanmar
More about Bagan
The most important travel stop in Myanmar is Bagan, which is the capitol of the first Myanmar Empire, one of the wealthiest archeological places in Southeast Asia. Located on the Ayeyawaddy River's easterlyfront. Bagan's magic has been inspiring Myanmar's people for almost 1000 years.
The Bagan area is 42 square kilometres with over 2000 well-preserved 11th to 13th centuries palagodas and shrines. Bagan (formerly "Pagan"), located on the Ayeyarwaddy River, 145 km south-west of Mandalay, is one of the most beautiful cities in Burma. This is the location of an old Myanmar city.
The Pagan is a pilgrim center and contains old Buddhistic shrines that have been renovated and renovated and are in use today. Remains of other christian and pagoda houses occupy a vast area. For nine hundred years a symbol for bargemen. fell into the Ayeyarwaddy and was taken away from the water.
There is also a varnished goods college in the area. Probably constructed in 849 AD, it was the capitol of a vast area of Myanmar from the eleventh to the end of the thirteenth cent. The Mongols overran it in 1287 during their extensive conquest and it never regained its fort.
There are four well-known types of pagoda with the following characteristics The Old Pagan was a fortified city whose west side lay on the Ayeyarwaddy River. This was the centre of a web of highways over which its leaders could rule a large area of fruitful plain and rule other large Myanmar dynasty towns such as Pegu.
An important oversea trading with India was carried out from the harbour of Thiripyissaya. further downstream. Probably the old part of the city, in which an essential part of the city is located, probably consisted initially only of regal, noble, religious and administration complex. Thus the fortified city, whose ditches were supplied by the Ayeyarwaddy, was a holy fortification.
A walk through the ramparts and the façade of the stream is about 4 km long, and there are indications that perhaps a third of the old town has been sluiced out. In the east face of the Sarabha Gate, the chests, although later than the border, are also early.
This is a shrine for the protection of nature - the ghost gods of the animistic Burmese. Burmese populations between 500 and 950 had invaded a territory invaded by other tribes from the northern hemisphere; these had already been transformed into the Hindu faith, especially the Mahayana Buddhism of Bihar and Bengal.
The Burmese tribe eventually invaded the other tribes of the area under King Anawrahta (ruled 1044-77). Transporting the Mon monarchy and their scholarly and artisan followers to Pagan, it became the main city and center of an officially fundamentalistic Hinayana (Theravada) Buddhism adopted by Ceylon (Sri Lanka) around 1056.
A huge number of convents and castles constructed and preserved over the next 200 years was made possible both by the great richness of the King's treasury and by the large number of qualified and untrained servants. It became one of the most important centers of Buddhist education.