Americans Traveling to Thailand

US citizens travel to Thailand

In the European-American style of "I should've ordered what you did. So what awaits you on your trip to Thailand? Safely travel to Thailand with Passport Health's travel vaccinations and advice. Allow me to answer the question "Is it safe to travel to Thailand"! I' ve lived and travelled there and can give you an insight into how safe Thailand is!

Thailands Visas for Americans

US nationals with a valid US citizenship card and a round-trip flight pass do not need a valid Thai visas to travel to Thailand. On arrival, Thai immigrant officers will include an immigrant stamps in your travel documents which will allow you to spend 30 nights in Thailand when you arrive by plane or plane. The period can be prolonged for another 30 day by payment of a 1,900 BTB to the Thai Migration Bureau.

Thai Immigration Bureau is headquartered at Government Center Chaengwattana Building B, No. 120, Moo 3, Chaengwattana Road, Tungsonghong Sub-District, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210, 66-2-2-2-287-3101 to 66-2-287-3110. Further information or further Thai Immigration Bureau offices can be found on the website of the Thai Immigration Bureau. NOTICE: The Embassy advises US nationals with foreign passports to obtain a valid US visas before entering Thailand.

Sometimes it is possible for the holder of passports, whether issued diplomatically or officially, to travel without a valid visas, but it is at the sole discretion of the airlines and/or immigrant staff and you may be refused admission. When a person wants to stay longer than 30 nights in Thailand, they can apply for a tourism visas at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in the United States before they arrive in Thailand.

As a rule, the touristic visas must be used within 90 working nights from the date of issuance and allow a first residence of 60 working nights. Upon arriving in Thailand, a tourism visas can be renewed once at the sole option of an immigrant official for a further 30 nights, with the maximum duration of one year.

Prospective Americans should apply to the Chaengwattana Building B, No. 120, Moo 3, Chaengwattana Road, Tungsonghong Sub-District, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210, 66-2-2-2-287-3101 to 66-2-287-3110i. Further information or further sites of the Thailand Immigration Bureau can be found on the website of the Thailand Immigration Bureau. US nationals wishing to stay in Thailand for more than 90 nights must apply for a current Thailand passport at a local embassy or consulate that is eligible to apply for a Thailand passport.

People who do not meet the requirements of the Thai customs rules may enter Thailand at the Thai customs frontier. Any foreigner wishing to work in Thailand requires a Thai work passport and a Thai work visas. To obtain a work permits, a business, overseas administration or other organisation in Thailand must submit an request on applicants name.

The working permit is for one year after receipt. Please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C. for further information. Pensioners' Thai retired visa is available for foreign nationals over 50 years of age. If you are a foreigner, please contact us. The Thai migration authority has stated that candidates must fulfil the following conditions:

Applicants must be able to prove a disability annuity or other periodical salary from a sources outside Thailand; the disability annuity or other periodical salary must be at least 65,000 Baht per months; any person who is a married to a Thai national may be granted a student visas on this one.

Please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C. for further information and requests. When a person does not leave Thailand before their flight expires, they are in Thailand unlawfully. To leave Thailand, it is necessary to overdraft.

Penalties for exceeding a limit of 500 Baht per person per night, up to a limit of 20,000 Baht. Penalties must be paid to the Immigration Bureau, the Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration Bureau or any other point of depart. It is known that the Thailand policemen search the areas visited by low-budget travellers and detain those who have exceeded their passports.

The detainees can be detained at the Immigration Detention Center until they can afford to be fined and paid for their Thai travelers. People who overdraw their passports for more than 200 nights may have to sit out at the Immigration Detention Center before deportation. It' very much recommended to prevent overdrafts.

Lapsed short-stay visas may be renewed after payment of a penalty, the number of lost or forgotten dates being deducted from the renewal time. The request for renewal must be submitted by the next working weekday after expiry of the licence in order to prevent fines. Attention: Renewal requests cannot be made on Saturdays, Sundays and Thai public holiday.

Thailand's entry/exit information is subject at any time to correction without prior notification. Further information on Thailand's entry/exit regulations is available from Royal Thai Embassy, 1024 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C., 20007, phone 202-944-3600, or from Thai embassies in Chicago, Los Angeles or New York City. For the latest information on visas, please check the website of the Royal Thai Embassy.

Mehr zum Thema